Moving to a Condo in Newport Oregon - Tips
Whether you are looking for condos for sale in Newport, or are buying a coastal home, here are several tips to help make your move to Newport, Oregon as easy and hassle-free as possible.
Two Months Out
- Moving into a condo at Shoreline Ridge is a great time to get rid of excess belongings – especially if you're downsizing. Plan a garage sale or donate unwanted items.
- Contact your insurance companies to notify them of your move to Newport, Oregon.
- Start a "Moving" file to keep track of all pertinent move documents, including receipts, notes, loan information, estimates, Condo CCR's, Condo HOA documents, etc.
- If you have kids, arrange to transfer their school records to their new school. You can learn more about schools in Newport, Oregon by visiting Lincoln County School District.
Six Weeks Out
- If you're moving from rental apartment or condominium, make sure you put in your 30-day notice with your leasing office.
- Select a van line or rental truck company you can use to haul your belongings. Give the company tentative pick-up and delivery dates.
- If you have any pets, schedule a check-up and obtain a copy of their records from the veterinarian.
One Month Out
- If you are hiring a moving company, select a company and reserve your date.
- Schedule dates to disconnect your local utility companies (phone, Internet, water, electrical, natural gas, garbage, etc.). It's often a good idea to overlap a couple of days as moving may take longer than expected.
- If you have a lawnmower and/or other power equipment, drain them of oil, gasoline and other flammable materials.
- Cancel and/or transfer newspaper and magazine subscriptions to your new address at Shoreline Ridge in Newport, Oregon.
- Set up an appointment to have your car serviced if you will be driving a long distance during the course of your move.
One Week Before Moving into your new Condo
- Clean out your refrigerator and defrost the freezer.
- Confirm connect dates for utilities in your new Condominium at Shoreline Ridge.
- Visit the Newport, Oregon post office and fill out a moving form to forward your mail from your old address to your new condo.
Moving Day - Settling into your Condo
- Work carefully with movers to ensure they are working effectively and treating your belongings and new condo with care.
- Carry any valuables or family heirlooms with you personally.
- Just before the movers leave, take a final tour of your home to make sure all doors and windows are locked and that none of your belongings have been left behind.
After moving into your condominium
- Put together a list of Newport, Oregon emergency phone numbers (fire department, police, hospitals, neighbors, etc.) for life at Shoreline Ridge. You can find most of this information from The City of Newport.
- Register to vote. Visit Newport, Oregon's voter registration website to print off the form.
- Enroll your kids in their new schools in Newport.